With temps in the high nineties this week, Texas summer is officially upon us. Regardless of how you feel about the Texas heat, there’s probably something about summer you like! Family vacations, seeing your kids or grandkids more, barbeques, pool time, lake days, and a plethora of other summertime activities!
All of these things are great but maybe you feel more limited than you want to.
We have covered all sorts of balance this past month.
From new ways to challenge yourself (balance board, anyone?) and unusual ways balance affects us, all the way to last week’s post about nutritional balance, we’ve covered it.
Because balance and stability are two of the most important factors in our physical and mental health.
Because our goal is to help you do all the things you want, safely, and comfortably.
And because being informed about your body is one of the greatest things you can do for it.
Now, back to our talk of summer shenanigans, do you or someone you know hesitate to try new or exciting things because you’re worried about lack of balance?
Maybe you worry about going to the pool with your grandkids because of all those tiny feet and slippery surfaces.
Maybe you have an elderly parent who you would invite for a cookout but you’re worried about their stability on the uneven surfaces in your yard.
These should not be worries you have running through your mind on a regular basis.
These are not concerns that you have to accept and live with.
YOU can make a change! And here at MOSS we truly believe that we can help you take a step in the right direction.
So thank you, for taking the time to read these posts each week, for choosing to learn more about your body.
If you’ve found the past few weeks’ information about balance to be beneficial, please consider attending our FREE IN-PERSON Balance Workshop happening THIS SATURDAY June 11th! This will be a great chance to have your questions about balance answered and to learn more about what the experts at MOSS can help you accomplish.
Don’t let this be another summer of worries, let this be the summer of balance.
Again, This is an in-person event taking place
10AM Saturday, June 11th
407 Old Springtown Rd
Call our office 817-220-MOSS (6677) to register, or click HERE
What else? ___________________________________________________________
We try our best to provide resources and information that help you to better understand your body. Many of our previous blogs do just that.
If balance inconsistency is the bain of your existence check out my post on what exactly balance is and what the lack of it could mean for you
And if you would like to read our most recent post about a nutritional balance click HERE
Now, if you need something more, we can help with that too.
It starts with our simple 3 Step Process.
- Schedule a FREE Discovery Visit with one of our experts.
- Receive a Customized (Individualized) Treatment Plan
- Get Your Life Back and Do What You Love
It really is that simple!
The first step is the hardest and I can’t take it for you but I can make it as simple and easy as possible.
“A healthy man has thousands of wishes, a sick man has only one”. –Agnes Karll Schwest Krankenpfleger
You will work with one of our experts to design a customized plan specific to your needs and conditions.
I have talked about this for years. I call it The 3 D’s. You can learn more about it HERE. Follow The 3-D’s to handle your issue and you can’t go wrong.
- Don’t ignore the problem—A problem could be pain, weakness, frequent falls or trouble recovering from an injury or illness. It is a signal from the body that something is wrong. Hoping and wishing will not make it better. Try to ignore it and hope it goes away –almost never works and usually makes everything worse.
- Don’t mask it—getting injections, taking pills, wearing a brace or using a walker only masks the problem and doesn’t fix the underlying cause. I have several examples in my personal life where this did not work out. Trying to mask it and not truly addressing the underlying issue makes the problem cost more (time, money and stress) to fix in the long run.
- Do something about it-–If addressed properly most problems can heal conservatively, naturally without injections or surgical intervention. Doing something about it – addressing the issue head on, while it may be tough at first it will get a better result in the long run.
Pro tip: Get it looked at by the experts at MOSS Rehabilitation Center.
Follow The 3-D’s to handle your issue and you can’t go wrong.
Remember the KEY is to start so small that it is impossible to fail. –Kaizen
At MOSS Rehabilitation Center we make it easy for you to get started. We even have a simple 3 step process.
1. Schedule a FREE NO Obligation, Discovery Visit with one of our experts. During this visit, you will talk with one of our friendly experts about your issues. This is a safe and confidential visit, you can trust that your safety and privacy is important to us. We are taking extra measures to ensure that you remain safe during this pandemic.
2. Receive a Customized (Individualized) Treatment Plan. Based on your free discovery visit, we will put together a custom, unique to you plan that will address all of your nagging pains and issues. The goal is to get you back to your healthy self as soon as possible while also addressing your issues for the long term.
3. Get Your Life Back and Do What You Love. The best result for us is a patient who tells us they can finally do what they love without the constant pain, stress, or issue they were facing. Together we can get you back to living life without worry.
So what do the most successful people do when they have health concerns? They address their problem.
NEXT ACTION: If you are really serious about showing your body who’s in control, call our office at 817-220-6677 today to schedule your FREE NO OBLIGATION Discovery Visit.
To your health,
Dr. Robert Moss PT, ScD, OCS, FAAOMPT