Do you suffer from knee pain? Even if you don’t, you probably know somebody who does.
Knee pain affects roughly twenty-five percent of the population, which may not seem like a lot, but those statistics mean that knee pain is the main complaint of four million individuals and is the reason for a visit to their primary care physician.
Knee pain can not only be obnoxious but can inhibit your ability to do the things that you enjoy, and many things that are a part of everyday life.
Squatting down to get something under the kitchen sink, walking the dog, getting in and out of the car, and so many other things that we do every day can be affected by knee pain.
Knee pain is caused by many things, injuries to the ACL, MCL and LCL are common in athletes and participants of recreational sports. More common amongst the majority of the population though, is pain due to regular wear and tear. Friction, neglect and high impact activities all contribute to that uncomfortable feeling in your knee.
Let’s look at some fun facts about our knees, shall we?
Firstly, the knee is the most complex joint in your body and relies on ten different muscles in order to function!
Secondly, because of how many different muscle groups your knee relies on, strengthening those muscles can help contribute to your overall knee health and stability.
Muscles in your quadriceps, hamstrings, hip abductors and glutes all contribute to the stability of your knee joint!
This means that by doing simple exercises and stretches, you can significantly reduce your risk of being affected by knee pain.
Thirdly, warming up before physical activities, even brisk walking, can help to strengthen your joints and prevent pain.
If you frequently struggle with knee pain, click HERE to read about two things that can help you!
You can also check out our blog on supplements to help ease inflammation HERE
Here at MOSS, we do our best to help you understand and challenge your body to keep you living the life you love. If you receive our emails regularly, keep an eye out for next week’s email! We will be including a video explaining three of the best exercises for knee pain or discomfort.
If you are past prevention and feel like your knee pain has become overly obnoxious and is hindering your quality of life, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
It starts with our simple 3 Step Process.
- Schedule a FREE Discovery Visit with one of our experts.
- Receive a Customized (Individualized) Treatment Plan
- Get Your Life Back and Do What You Love
It really is that simple!
The first step is the hardest and I can’t take it for you but I can make it as simple and easy as possible.
“A healthy man has thousands of wishes, a sick man has only one”. –Agnes Karll Schwest Krankenpfleger
You will work with one of our experts to design a customized plan specific to your needs and conditions.
I have talked about this for years. I call it The 3 D’s. You can learn more about it HERE. Follow The 3-D’s to handle your issue and you can’t go wrong.
- Don’t ignore the problem—A problem could be pain, weakness, frequent falls or trouble recovering from an injury or illness. It is a signal from the body that something is wrong. Hoping and wishing will not make it better. Try to ignore it and hope it goes away –almost never works and usually makes everything worse.
- Don’t mask it—getting injections, taking pills, wearing a brace or using a walker only masks the problem and doesn’t fix the underlying cause. I have several examples in my personal life where this did not work out. Trying to mask it and not truly addressing the underlying issue makes the problem cost more (time, money and stress) to fix in the long run.
- Do something about it-–If addressed properly most problems can heal conservatively, naturally without injections or surgical intervention. Doing something about it – addressing the issue head on, while it may be tough at first it will get a better result in the long run.
Pro tip: Get it looked at by the experts at MOSS Rehabilitation Center.
Follow The 3-D’s to handle your issue and you can’t go wrong.
Remember the KEY is to start so small that it is impossible to fail. -Kaizen
At MOSS Rehabilitation Center we make it easy for you to get started. We even have a simple 3 step process.
1. Schedule a FREE NO Obligation, Discovery Visit with one of our experts. During this visit, you will talk with one of our friendly experts about your issues. This is a safe and confidential visit, you can trust that your safety and privacy is important to us. We are taking extra measures to ensure that you remain safe during this pandemic.
2. Receive a Customized (Individualized) Treatment Plan. Based on your free discovery visit, we will put together a custom, unique to you plan that will address all of your nagging pains and issues. The goal is to get you back to your healthy self as soon as possible while also addressing your issues for the long term.
3. Get Your Life Back and Do What You Love. The best result for us is a patient who tells us they can finally do what they love without the constant pain, stress, or issue they were facing. Together we can get you back to living life without worry.
So what do the most successful people do when they have health concerns? They address their problem.
NEXT ACTION: If you are really serious about showing your body who’s in control, call our office at 817-220-6677 today to schedule your FREE NO OBLIGATION Discovery Visit.
To your health,
Dr. Robert Moss PT, ScD, OCS, FAAOMPT